Skip to main content

Popular Nigerian blogger Linda Ikeji has confirmed she’s pregnant and is 5 months gone.The Banana Island based blogger

Popular Nigerian blogger Linda Ikeji has confirmed she’s pregnant and is 5 months gone. 
The Banana Island based blogger shared the big news on her blog on Sunday afternoon. 
The man she’s pregnant for remains unknown but Linda is said to be engaged.
Read her story....
Read independent


2018 started with me finding out I was pregnant. 
When I missed my period and my friend and I did a home pregnancy test and it read positive, my friend began to cry with happiness but I was just there staring at the stick like, you’re not messing with me, are you?  Law student reality



 This is real and not a joke on me, right? I refused to believe it and asked my friend to drive me to a lab for another test. 
And there it was confirmed, I was pregnant. 
Me, Linda, I am going to have my own child. Please don’t wake me up from this lovely dream..lol
So many women have had children, so what’s the big deal, huh? Lol. We
Marriage



ll, you see me, I’m somewhat of a different case. 
There’s something about me that I have never talked about publicly before and that’s the fact that I love children so much (I took that from my dad), and I am particularly obsessed with babies, and I mean that literally.
 Their pureness, innocence, little beautiful faces, tiny hands and soft cheeks make me just want to be around them. 



I grew up in a compound with a lot of neighbours and believe it or not, as a teenager/young woman, I was the unofficial resident babysitter. 
I swear, ask my siblings. I literally carried all the new born babies born in that compound at a period of time until they grew up to a certain age. 


Their mums used to come drop the babies at our house whenever they were tired or wanted to go out, this was, of course, to the annoyance of my family…lol   Wrong philosophy 
The first baby I carried was a boy named Makoba (wonder where he is now, this was about 20 years ago, he will be a big boy now). 


From the first day I carried him, I didn’t want to let him go…so every time I had free time, and his mum hadn’t brought him to me, I would walk two floors up, knock on his family’s door and ask them if they wanted me to take the child off them for a while.
 I was always happy when they said yes. After him other mums started dropping their kids with me.



Back then my sisters and I used to take turns to cook every day of the week.
 So whenever it was my turn to cook and I was babysitting and they insisted I go cook, I’d tell my sisters to either hold the baby for me so I could go cook or they go cook. 
They always chose the latter. Lol  Being good



Then my siblings started having children and I started to feel more joy.
 These were no longer neighbours’ or friends’ children, these were my nephews and nieces. 
My family! And carrying them brought me even more joy. Like for example, whenever I see my sister Laura’s son, Ryan, I shriek with happiness. 


He’s the love of my life…lol. If I was planning to go out and I heard my beautiful nephews and niece were coming over to the house, most times, I change plans and just stay home with them. I’m a homebody, I like to stay home (that’s why I bought a big house…lol).
For the love of humanity



So now imagine that in a few months, I will look down at a baby, and it won’t be a neighbor’s child, a friend’s child, a sister’s child, but my own child, my own flesh and blood, carried in my womb. 
My own son. It’s surreal. I can’t get over it. Your Goal


You guys think DJ Khaled is obsessed with his son, Asahd? Wait until this one gets here. 
He’s not even here yet and I already ordered a Bentley Mulsanne for us.
 I swear! Lol. Like, I can’t keep calm. Oh and please, nannies, stay away from me. I’ve got this covered! Thank you. Lol.
To do list




Sometimes when I’m lying down and I feel him moving around inside me (he’s so hyper already, constantly moving around…lol), I just get up and cradle my tummy and smile. Lol. 
I can’t wait for these months to go by so I can meet him. My own son!  Letting go


Dear son, of every dream I have had, every achievement, every milestone, out of all my accomplishments and titles, all the money and worldly possession I have, nothing compares to you. You  Dads happy fathers day

I wish you safe delivery L.I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Feelings

I'm in over my head and possibly out of my league. I have become very cautious with my words, every sentence should make perfect sense, have the right rhythm and sound intriguing to perfectly explain how I feel without being impulsive or becoming too pesty.  Click 1 I'm not feeling it, but I know the feeling, I'm not seeing it but I know how beautiful it is. I can't hold it but I know it is the most tangible asset. I've loved and still love you without a price tag. So it's not that I love you but I am in love with you. We're not all expressive, some say it as it is while others don't.  Click 2 Well I've already accepted to not give up, to be there when there's nothing to make me remain and at the same time remain committed to you because I believe that someday you'll not just see how much I love you or feel it but I'll see it from you when am down and just the sight of it will make my heart plunder deep into tears of

To -Do-list Tips

Unable to focus & get things done? Always Forgetful?  Here are a few things I do when I find myself unable to concentrate or focus during the day or forgetful and to boost my overall productivity and performance and ensure I am checking off the important tasks on my to-do list.    letting go One thing I have learned about myself is that I forget a lot even to a fault if I should add but am working on it, in fact, that is why I always carry a small dairy everywhere. ... I write down all the things am supposed to do that day and then I do it.  dad  1. I make sure I do one task at a time and finish it before I embark on a new one. 2. I have a priority list which I stick to, I eliminate all distractions and only have things open or around me that will contribute to me completing the task I am working on.  https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html 3. I always have a little reward to look forward to celebrate the tasks I complete - it does

Everyday gives a new start

I've always viewed life from the sidelines, Just watching it pass me by, In the past too afraid to just let go and live, And lately too tired to try. https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html I've envied the people around me, So invested in living each day, While I spent my time hiding out from the world, And searching for ways to escape.  In love but no leg For most of my life, I truly believed, I was here to help somebody else, But now it's so clear it was just an excuse. To avoid living life for myself.   Love is an action word It's sad that our lives and the pain we endure, Can weaken our strength to move on, But if we get lost in the scars of our past, Without knowing our lives will be gone. Advice to my younger self Its true people are disappointing, They can turn in the blink of an eye, But we can't avoid hurting each other, When we all want a chance at this life.  But there's something I've