Skip to main content

Happy Independence Nigeria



Image result for nigeria at 58
Image result for nigeria flagImage result for nigeria flagImage result for nigeria at 58



Nigeria has only been an independent country since 1960, and immediately thereafter, from 1960 until 1963, the British Queen (Elizabeth II) was still considered the head of state for the country. To learn and explore the leaders of Nigeria since that time of independence, read on below. 


16 Nigerian Presidents And Military Leaders Since Independence

- Prime Minister Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (1960-1963) 

- President Nnamdi Azikiwe (1963-1966) 

- Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi (1966)

- General Yakubu Gowon (1966-1975)

- General Murtala Mohammed (1975-1976)

- Major General Olusegun Obasanjo (1976-1979)

- President Shehu Shigari (1979-1983)

- Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (1983-1985)

- General Ibrahim Babangida (1985-1993)

- President Ernest Shonekan (1993)

- General Sani Abacha (1993-1998)

- General Abdulsalami Abubakar (1998-1999)

- President Olusegun Obasanjo (1999-2007)

- President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua (2007-2010)

- President Goodluck Jonathan (2010-2015)

- President Muhammadu Buhari (2015-Present)Muhammadu Buhari, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.jpg


If Nigeria were a person, she would be a 58-year-old woman. A woman with numerous kids and husbands that comes and goes.
 She’s the woman she is today because her husbands keep taking and they never give back, they take for their family, they take for their mistresses, they take for their kids with other women, they take her body, soul and essence, even when she’s down and broken, they still keep taking. Mute story


Every husband leaves her a little broken but she has to keep believing that there’s still a chance she could find ‘The One’.  She meets another man after a few years, he promises to take care of her and the children and make life better for them by improving their standard of living. 



She needs to believe so badly that she can one day find love, that the next man will be the right man and won’t take her for granted; so after much persuasion from different potential suitors, she settles on the one she believes in the most and sometimes, they end up treating her worst than the previous husband.


 As a child of Nigeria, what are my options? Can a child hate her mother? No matter how broken The Motherland may be, we love her anyway because out of her were we born. You can go far and wide, you can change your accent and your appearance but you can not scrub the Nigerian out of your thick skin.
Anniversary


My words to Nigeria,
Dear Nigeria,
Through the pain and confusion,  I will always love you
You’ve taught me strength because I see how impossible it is to break you
You’ve taught me perseverance because I see how resilient you are
You’ve taught me to be a survivor because you are still standing
You’ve taught me to have a high tolerance for pain because you’ve withstood it all
You’ve taught me to master the art of suffering and smiling
You’ve taught me the need to innovate because I can’t trust the system to create
I believe that I can make a difference and I’m going to try with my sweat
I believe that my generation will create the change we so desire
I must believe that better days are ahead. We must believe.  

Dear People of Nigeria, gone are the days when we hope that only our prayers can change the state of the economy and make the currency stronger. It is your responsibility as a Nigerian to grow the country too in your own little way. When we combine all ‘our little ways’ we make a very big way. Do your part, do not play the victim endlessly, you can be the hero that the country needs, look to the work of your hands and create.

Image result for nigeria currencyImage result for nigeria currency


Comments

  1. Perfect description of Nigeria. It's time for real change and only prayers won't get us anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel thanks for commenting, keep reading dear

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Feelings

I'm in over my head and possibly out of my league. I have become very cautious with my words, every sentence should make perfect sense, have the right rhythm and sound intriguing to perfectly explain how I feel without being impulsive or becoming too pesty.  Click 1 I'm not feeling it, but I know the feeling, I'm not seeing it but I know how beautiful it is. I can't hold it but I know it is the most tangible asset. I've loved and still love you without a price tag. So it's not that I love you but I am in love with you. We're not all expressive, some say it as it is while others don't.  Click 2 Well I've already accepted to not give up, to be there when there's nothing to make me remain and at the same time remain committed to you because I believe that someday you'll not just see how much I love you or feel it but I'll see it from you when am down and just the sight of it will make my heart plunder deep into tears of

To -Do-list Tips

Unable to focus & get things done? Always Forgetful?  Here are a few things I do when I find myself unable to concentrate or focus during the day or forgetful and to boost my overall productivity and performance and ensure I am checking off the important tasks on my to-do list.    letting go One thing I have learned about myself is that I forget a lot even to a fault if I should add but am working on it, in fact, that is why I always carry a small dairy everywhere. ... I write down all the things am supposed to do that day and then I do it.  dad  1. I make sure I do one task at a time and finish it before I embark on a new one. 2. I have a priority list which I stick to, I eliminate all distractions and only have things open or around me that will contribute to me completing the task I am working on.  https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html 3. I always have a little reward to look forward to celebrate the tasks I complete - it does

Everyday gives a new start

I've always viewed life from the sidelines, Just watching it pass me by, In the past too afraid to just let go and live, And lately too tired to try. https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html I've envied the people around me, So invested in living each day, While I spent my time hiding out from the world, And searching for ways to escape.  In love but no leg For most of my life, I truly believed, I was here to help somebody else, But now it's so clear it was just an excuse. To avoid living life for myself.   Love is an action word It's sad that our lives and the pain we endure, Can weaken our strength to move on, But if we get lost in the scars of our past, Without knowing our lives will be gone. Advice to my younger self Its true people are disappointing, They can turn in the blink of an eye, But we can't avoid hurting each other, When we all want a chance at this life.  But there's something I've