Skip to main content

LOVE? (Part A)

love?


Bianca reached for another tissue as she repeated the hollow statement that Eric mumbled to her last night: “I love you but I’m not in love with you”. 


She unglued her eyes from the floor and said angrily, “What the hell does that mean – I love you but I’m not in love with you?” How was she supposed to respond to a cryptic message like that?                 Mute story



We often loosely use the word “love” and we mix being in love with actually loving someone.Being in love with someone can stem from infatuation, possessiveness, and obsession. 

You both talk, hold hands, hug kisses and develop surface feelings. You feel alone when your partner is not around you. You crave and yearn for them to be with you all the time.       Law story

Loving someone, on the other hand, goes beyond the physical presence. You desire to see them grow, you see past their flaws, you see opportunities of building into each other and together; you motivate, encourage and inspire one another. 


You do not have to second-guess or ask before you step in to do so. Loving someone requires 100 percent commitment on your part.

 The concept of true love is hard to comprehend by some. Hence, they get the wrong impression when dating someone who completely gets it. 
They cannot seem to understand why they deserve the love you are giving. This may make the relationship feel like it is one-sided.       Humility story

The truth is you cannot receive the love you do not have to give. 
Loving someone entails giving without condition, wanting the very best for them, making sacrifices, not keeping a record of wrongs, trusting each other completely but if you love someone who does not really know and understand what it is to love,


 they will never really appreciate all you do but see it as emotionally intense or desperation. It takes being with someone who knows what it is, to love to fully understand how you love.     No Leg


Falling in love may not necessarily last long since it is usually based on infatuation, lust or obsessing over the other party. If you have not experienced self-love, it will be a good time to take a step back and find you, love yourself and learn to be alone. 


Experiencing self-love also helps eliminate conflicts, creates room for seeing your partner for who he/she truly is without being judgmental or controlling but willing to sacrifice the time and effort required to help each other get on track. Love is beyond the outward and begins as an inside job.             Love?


Love someone not because of what you can get but what you can give. You may fall in love due to selfish reasons and fall out of love when there are no personal gains. 

Do not just fall in love because you can easily fall out of love when the things you desire no longer exist in your relationship. 

Ensure you love someone completely – for who he/she is, embrace each other’s flaws, see and bring the best out of each other, during good and bad seasons of your journey and be patient with each other.

 Let your love for each other grow beyond measures.       DV Story
in the spirit of Valentine, think safe.

Comments

  1. Heart-wrenching that many people don't understand the difference. Great post though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thanks dear, am Glad you read this post, don't fail to read other post and keep visiting, thanks alot dear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Feelings

I'm in over my head and possibly out of my league. I have become very cautious with my words, every sentence should make perfect sense, have the right rhythm and sound intriguing to perfectly explain how I feel without being impulsive or becoming too pesty.  Click 1 I'm not feeling it, but I know the feeling, I'm not seeing it but I know how beautiful it is. I can't hold it but I know it is the most tangible asset. I've loved and still love you without a price tag. So it's not that I love you but I am in love with you. We're not all expressive, some say it as it is while others don't.  Click 2 Well I've already accepted to not give up, to be there when there's nothing to make me remain and at the same time remain committed to you because I believe that someday you'll not just see how much I love you or feel it but I'll see it from you when am down and just the sight of it will make my heart plunder deep into tears of

To -Do-list Tips

Unable to focus & get things done? Always Forgetful?  Here are a few things I do when I find myself unable to concentrate or focus during the day or forgetful and to boost my overall productivity and performance and ensure I am checking off the important tasks on my to-do list.    letting go One thing I have learned about myself is that I forget a lot even to a fault if I should add but am working on it, in fact, that is why I always carry a small dairy everywhere. ... I write down all the things am supposed to do that day and then I do it.  dad  1. I make sure I do one task at a time and finish it before I embark on a new one. 2. I have a priority list which I stick to, I eliminate all distractions and only have things open or around me that will contribute to me completing the task I am working on.  https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html 3. I always have a little reward to look forward to celebrate the tasks I complete - it does

Everyday gives a new start

I've always viewed life from the sidelines, Just watching it pass me by, In the past too afraid to just let go and live, And lately too tired to try. https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html I've envied the people around me, So invested in living each day, While I spent my time hiding out from the world, And searching for ways to escape.  In love but no leg For most of my life, I truly believed, I was here to help somebody else, But now it's so clear it was just an excuse. To avoid living life for myself.   Love is an action word It's sad that our lives and the pain we endure, Can weaken our strength to move on, But if we get lost in the scars of our past, Without knowing our lives will be gone. Advice to my younger self Its true people are disappointing, They can turn in the blink of an eye, But we can't avoid hurting each other, When we all want a chance at this life.  But there's something I've