Skip to main content

ADVENTURES OF THE EPSILONS



It was a cold and fine evening; the children 
 soon gathered around the fireplace for yet another ‘moonlight tale’ (so it was called).
 It was the favourite bit of their day. Despite
 the countless playful ideas that have conveniently occupied their entire schedules; nothing could out-match the moon-light tales.

 ‘Mma’, was the storyteller. She is an average-height,
 dark-complexioned lady, in her late forties. MMA had an elegant look, from which one could tell that she
 had lived not only a grand life but also an
 adventurous one.   Click this


She was married to Mr. Philip, who is otherwise meager
 in height and with a stern look. 
He was more light-hearted than his looks implied. 
However, only the few who knew him well had a pleasant rapport with him. Unlike his wife, Mr. Philip was reserved and made loose acquaintances with the children. 

Occasionally, when he ensues to make an impression on children, it ends in a fatal fiasco.
Click    Otherwise, on his lucky days he would make a fool out of himself. 
In one particular incident where he offered to help the children retrieve their football, which was stuck behind a steel pole on the roof. 

During his attempt, he jumped severally, plunging ferociously at the roof with a bamboo stick.
 As the ball finally evades the pole, so did his pants,
 loosely held upon his waist.
 And there went at that instance, a dramatic scene for all the children as they burst into uncontrollable laughter. Mr. Philip had a gentle temper which proved most useful at such a time.  Click this



Mr. Philip and Mma had basked in the privilege of raising four kids of their own, most of which were all grown and making their way in life.
 Amongst their kids is Willard, their youngest child. 
He was only a fifth-teen, hot-blooded and ambitious, rearing for freedom and independence, to be just like his siblings. 

Willard, though sometimes heady and uneasy, had a soft spot for his mother’s tales, it melted him so much, that he could almost sink into the plot literally. A story
He is a small statue such as his father.
 According to his siblings, at the time he was born, 
they searched the entire bed repeatedly until one of them caught a glimpse of his pretty small head hanging
 off a piece of white fabric, beside their sleeping mother.

 He was so given the nickname, (SS) ‘short in supply’.
 Up on till he became a teenager, he was receptive to the name and it teased him so.
Willard was tasked with the responsibility of readying the fire for the moon-light tale.
 This he did with much excitement. Although on some days, he grumbled his way through the process. At other times his duty will ensue with a condition or two, having profitable intentions, which was evidential of his potential as an aspiring tycoon.

Click a story on Mute



The idea of a bonfire was Mama's. She somehow convinced the children that every great tale would mean nothing without a blazing fire to gaze at. 
And apart from the fact that the act was traditional, she explained that the sounds of bursting flames and the dot-like fire which ascends to the skies were the essences of any authentic moon-light tale.

 MMA had a ravishing cultural exuberance, which gives her an exclusive taste of things.
Story click Mute part 1
Soon before the story commenced, in came Joseph, Willard’s closest peer. 
He was a dark-complexioned lanky fellow with a funny posture, one of which would pass for a keen flamboyance. He had an unfortunate habit of making a last-minute entry.

 So this particular evening was no exception, neither did it pose any bit of surprise to the other children nor MMA as well.
Joseph was tasked with the duty of acquiring planks and mats used as seats for both Mma and the children. 

He was clever with words, one with the tendency of a good negotiator. His articulate speeches and vivid gesture is stricken only by his twisted posture, which often made him one with melodramatic skills. Story part4

......To be continued

Written by Emmanuel Ngu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Feelings

I'm in over my head and possibly out of my league. I have become very cautious with my words, every sentence should make perfect sense, have the right rhythm and sound intriguing to perfectly explain how I feel without being impulsive or becoming too pesty.  Click 1 I'm not feeling it, but I know the feeling, I'm not seeing it but I know how beautiful it is. I can't hold it but I know it is the most tangible asset. I've loved and still love you without a price tag. So it's not that I love you but I am in love with you. We're not all expressive, some say it as it is while others don't.  Click 2 Well I've already accepted to not give up, to be there when there's nothing to make me remain and at the same time remain committed to you because I believe that someday you'll not just see how much I love you or feel it but I'll see it from you when am down and just the sight of it will make my heart plunder deep into tears of

To -Do-list Tips

Unable to focus & get things done? Always Forgetful?  Here are a few things I do when I find myself unable to concentrate or focus during the day or forgetful and to boost my overall productivity and performance and ensure I am checking off the important tasks on my to-do list.    letting go One thing I have learned about myself is that I forget a lot even to a fault if I should add but am working on it, in fact, that is why I always carry a small dairy everywhere. ... I write down all the things am supposed to do that day and then I do it.  dad  1. I make sure I do one task at a time and finish it before I embark on a new one. 2. I have a priority list which I stick to, I eliminate all distractions and only have things open or around me that will contribute to me completing the task I am working on.  https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html 3. I always have a little reward to look forward to celebrate the tasks I complete - it does

Everyday gives a new start

I've always viewed life from the sidelines, Just watching it pass me by, In the past too afraid to just let go and live, And lately too tired to try. https://www.justychidd.com/2018/06/let-life-race-you-out-your-fears.html I've envied the people around me, So invested in living each day, While I spent my time hiding out from the world, And searching for ways to escape.  In love but no leg For most of my life, I truly believed, I was here to help somebody else, But now it's so clear it was just an excuse. To avoid living life for myself.   Love is an action word It's sad that our lives and the pain we endure, Can weaken our strength to move on, But if we get lost in the scars of our past, Without knowing our lives will be gone. Advice to my younger self Its true people are disappointing, They can turn in the blink of an eye, But we can't avoid hurting each other, When we all want a chance at this life.  But there's something I've